sábado, 18 de abril de 2009

Divorce Song

"And when I asked for a separate room 
It was late at night, and we'd been driving since noon 
But if I'd known how that would sound to you 
I would have stayed in your bed for the rest of my life 
Just to prove I was right 
That it's harder to be friends than lovers 
And you shouldn't try to mix the two 
'Cause if you do it and you're still unhappy 
Then you know that the problem is you 
And it's true that I stole your lighter 
And it's also true that I lost the map 
But when you said that I wasn't worth talking to 
I had to take your word on that 
But if you'd known how that would sound to me 
You would have taken it back 
And boxed it up and buried it in the ground 
Boxed it up and buried it in the ground 
Boxed it up and buried it in the ground 
Burned it up and thrown it away 
You put in my hands a loaded gun 
And then told me not to fire it 
When you did the things you said were up to me 
And then accused me of trying to fuck it up 
But you've never been a waste of my time 
It's never been a drag 
So take a deep breath and count back from ten 
And maybe you'll be alright 
And the license said you had to stick around until I was dead 
But if you're tired of looking at my face, I guess I already am 
But you've never been a waste of my time 
It's never been a drag 
So take a deep breath and count back from ten
And maybe you'll be alright"

Liz Phair, "Divorce Song" (Exile in Guyville)

(entretanto o álbum teima em não aparecer por cá.... nem mesmo com a re-edição a propósito do 15º aniversário. Sem comentários. )

2 comentários:

Manuel Braga Serrano disse...

F&%$#"#$#%
estou mesmo velho
Parece que foi ontem que comprei o "Exile..." , mas bem vistas as coisas: comprei-o ainda a Valentim de Carvalho não era uma sapataria ali no Rossio.

droide disse...

ahah... :)

pois, parece que entretanto se esqueceram deste álbum quando a sua edição se esgotou por aqui. É a par do Low do Bowie, o álbum favorito que quero mais comprar nos próximos tempos.

 

Free Blog Counter